Monday 31 January 2011

A Portugese nun

I saw this film at the ICA in London.  I should have known not to go and see it - the Time Out review mentioned something about if you could suspend your pretentious-o-meter, you could enjoy this film.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to do so.  Just about the only interesting thing about the film is that it is set in Lisbon, and you therefore get to see a bit of the city.  However, the story - which is about a film being shot in Lisbon about - you guessed it - a Portugese nun - I found very tedious, and I just wasn't engaged in it in the slightest.  There was one particular scene towards the end where the actress playing the nun and a real nun have a conversation about all sorts of philospophical things such as enduring love that literally goes on for ten minutes, with the picture just shifting from one face to the other.  I really ought to have left after 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment